Saturday, December 31, 2011

this is kind of an end of the year thing

Tomorrow, tomorrow...

And I now have that song from Annie stuck in my head.

2012 is only a day away, and since this blog is about books 'n things I thought I'd talk about my favorite book of 2011 and most anticipated book for 2012.

This one didn't come out in 2011, but I did read it for the first time this year. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It was one of those rare books that just completely took me away. I remember spotting it in B&N back in 2008 when it first came out. I picked it up, looked at it... then put it back on the shelf and moved on. Seriously. What on Earth was I thinking? (funny, I did the same thing with Twilight in 2005 and look what came of that series. I think I have some kind of internal sensor for future bestsellers or something. ;) maybe, maybe.)

The book I'm most looking forward to in 2012 is The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I'm a huge JG fan and so stoked for TFiOS. You know what's awesome about this book? All the preordered copies will be signed (by hand, by John himself). How cool is that? John Green takes forever to write a book but everything he does write is so amazing and heartfelt I think I can forgive the fact that I'll have to wait another five years for his next novel. Really, really excited for this book.

What's the best book (or books) you've read this year?
Which book(s) are you most excited for in 2012?

Let me know in the comments.

See you all next year!

- k.

No comments:

Post a Comment